Thursday, July 2, 2009

Most influential film director of the 21st century?

I was thinking the other day, who has been the most influential film director of the 21st century?


After from research I came up with some candidates:

1) Ang Lee

2) Darren Aronofsky

3) Paul Greengrass

4) The Coen Brothers

5) The Wachowski Brothers

6) Peter Jackson

7) Christopher Nolan

8) Martin Scorsese

9) Steven Soderbergh

10) Andrew Stanton

11) Quentin Tarantino (thanks for the suggestion Garett)

I’d say Peter Jackson has been the most influential simply because the vast majority of young people I know who are passionate filmmakers tell me that the LOTR trilogy inspired them to make movies.

Well, just some food for thought.


SHARE THIS BLOG WITH OTHERS

If you enjoyed this blog, please share it with others by clicking on the social bookmarking button below. Thanks!

share